You can find cheaper stuff that is equally functional. Stuff on sale if nothing else.

A very large pack can be highly convenient if you've got lots of stuff to pack, and maybe you do. But it does tend to be more awkward to carry.

The stuff you've linked to looks good - particularly the tent, if that's what you like.
Maybe you'd prefer something larger for the sake of comfort.

A "3-person" tent for 2 people is getting to where some people no longer feel deprived of space or just making do for the sake of saving weight and bulk.

I tend to be eccentric in my view of "quality" (somewhat different topic than design). I think it's a more a matter of personal taste and ability and desire to pay, rather than practical value.

Manufacturing standards are relatively high even in cheapest contract factories. A properly seam-sealed tent is going to be fine within its design parameters. A heavy pack, preferably one that fits, is going to be misery, no matter what the brand.

I'd never buy Kelty for reasons that aren't aren't practically helpful or insightful or relevant. But this is because as a brand, it has no real connection to the origninal and now obsolete Kelty, and I feel the name is purely a marketing tool.