And I thought *I* had too many tents... :-)

Great post, Carter - really enjoyed it. I've not seen the SF version of the Bombshelter before, and have only seen the Moki at the Winter OR show, so it was great to get a real-world report on how it does.

I have two Hilleberg tents (and a Bibler Tempest) I'd be interested to put in the same conditions, side by side with the tents you wrote up here, to see how they handled the condensation.

I imagine the Tempest would be about the same as the Bombshelter, so it's the Hillebergs that would particularly interest me, since unlike the other tents they're both double-wall. I've found them pretty good overall in regards to moisture, though sometimes I get extensive condensation on the inside of the floors in winter (almost to the extent where it could be water seeping through the fabric, though that seems unlikely). Have you used any of their tents?

I vastly prefer the way the Hillebergs set up (poles outside, both inner and outer go up at once) to the inside poles of the Biblers - how about you? I had the poles in the Tempest get bent and damaged when setting it up one time in a ferocious storm; there's just not enough stability until all the poles are in place (whereas with the Hillebergs, you can stake out the head of the tent, put the poles in place, then clip from the ground up; it works really well in a storm.

The Hillebergs have similar doors to the Biblers - they open to the side and the zipper actually goes all the way around except for a small attachment point; you can stuff the doors into a side pocket of the tent and they're completely out of the way. The vestibules also have three- or four-way zippers, with lots of possible combinations for venting and egress.

Here's my Saivo near Lassen Peak:

And here's my Jannu at Yellowstone:

And, finally, the Tempest, near Carson Pass in the central Sierra Nevada: