I think I have settled on a new pack. I had narrowed my choice down from a Mariposa Plus, ULA Circuit, SMD Starlite, but revisited Golite yesterday. The Mariposa Plus is made from silnylon, may not be that durable, the Circuit is smaller than I wanted and is a little heavier than I wanted. I could see no over whelming poor reviews about the Golite Pinnacle. Only one comment where it looked like the seams were stretched. I did further research yesterday morning and it is the replacement to my Gust, which I like and from the two Golite items I have, very high quality. My Coal jacket looks like something Patagonia would offer for sale, that nice of quality. Anyway, my reason at this point on getting a Pinnacle, weight is only a little more than the Gust, has the volume I am wanting, durable dyneema material, but watch for rocks banging where the bear canister is, larger main compartment, less volume in outside pockets and I found a source for one that is selling them for way under a $100. That would make it almost $50 cheaper than the holiday priced Starlite. The small bping group I belong to, made me offers to use their pre-Starlite packs, but I don't know when I will see those folks. I have a cord of cottonwood firewood from a tree my mom had cut down I can sell to pay for the pack, so I may order one later this week. The only thing I am not sure about is how comfortable some of these packs are with 30 lbs in them. Some reviews are for slightly lighter loads and shorter trips than I would go on usually, I know I can make it for a weekend, just the week long trip I would need more feed back on. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Duane