My internal frame pack. In the day it carries stuff. In the evening it is set against a rock for a soft backrest while I cook. At night, it comes in the tent or my bivy and becomes a pillow. It also becomes a piece of my wind-break for my stove if needed.

My sleeping bag stuff sack. In the day it compresses my sleeping bag. In the evening it becomes a ground cloth for bags of food. At night it too becomes part of my "pillow" system.

My bivy sack. It is bright yellow. If I fall off a cliff I can use it mark my spot for a rescue. Or crawl in it my last breath - a body bag!! (that is a bit morbid) (I have not tried to blow it up, tie a knot and float down a river)

Ice axe - now that is a real tool! Trowel, back scratcher, bug squisher, weapon, tent site smoother, tent stake, support post for my Kelty external frame pack when I want to make a chair and there are no trees or rocks

External frame pack - chair back, tarp post, weapon, tie it to two large limbs and you have a litter to carry out an injured person

Sleeping pad - splint, flotation devise, back rest padding

Shoe insoles -- padding on my hips when my pack is killing me!

shirt -- towel to dry off, shirt to wear, rag to wipe up rain in my tent, a skirt if my pants split in the back, cut off shirt-tail for bandages, turban for my head when no shade in camp, emergency flag, fan, bug swatter

I will think of some more.