I suggest buying a set of Kahtoola aluminum crampons, these strap on and are both light and easy to walk in. I use them in preference to my old steel Stubais and will take them into 7000 ft+ mountains, glacier hardened snow and especially frostcovered, flattened alpine meadow grass, among the slipperiest, most dangerous footings I have encountered.

Obviously, one cannot "frontpoint" with these and they are meant for more flexible footwear, but, they are VERY popular here and work very well. You can also buy these in a steel model, but, I prefer the alloy ones as they are lighter.

For boots, you might look at the "Winter 800", by Meindl and retailed by Cabela's; I can use these to -20*F in comfort and there are other Cabela-Meindl models as well. An insulated NEOS overboot combined with a medium hiker is another combo. that works and the rubber bottom/leather topped "pacs", by Schnee's, Hoffman's, Kenetrek and White's all work well for this and will accept Kahtoolas. Some options and there are others, as in Columbia "Bugabootoo" boots with K's.