LOL, Bill!

In addition to the normal uses for trekking poles (hiking poles, tent/tarp poles or, as Bill suggests, lightning rods), they could be emergency splints or the base of a travois in case my dog gets hurt. I've tried making up a travois with poles plus jacket, but haven't yet figured out how I'd get Hysson to stay on it while being dragged!

Rainjacket and pants, non-breathable silnylon: for rain, of course, windbreaker when cold; vapor barrier in sleeping bag on below-freezing nights, bug barrier from horseflies.

Veterinary wrap (self-adhering foam): Works great for human sprains as well as to keep bandages on dog leg. Far lighter than elastic bandage.

Brian, I never used my 1-oz. aluminum stake/potty trowel as a stake, but I defy anyone to come up with a 1-oz. metal trowel. I've found plastic trowels to be pretty useless, especially in the Pacific NW dry season when it doesn't rain for weeks and the trekking pole/stick/heel combination doesn't work either in dry, hard ground. Since I have to bury the dog's poop as well as my own, the "potty trowel stake" gets lots of use. I haven't had trouble with its bending--maybe mine is heavier? I don't know what kind it is nor when I got it--it's like a half-tube of thick aluminum and must be 20-30 years old.

I believe that, so far, DTape's frisbee is the winner here!