The clipless pedal cleats that mount on cycling shoes can usually be adjusted to include some toe-in-or toe-out, so that would help with your issue.

I switched to clipless pedals earlier this year, and after an initial learning period (including, ahem, a broken wrist from tipping over on a hill...), I now love them. I feel much better in them than in the clips/cages I previously had. It's easier to get in and out, and they allow some twisting movement of my feet compared to snugged-down clips, which increases comfort and, paradoxically, power transfer.

I'm still a bit nervous using them on the mountain bike (no qualms on the road bike), but even there, they feel better than plain platform pedals - I feel like I'm much more securely connected to my bike and get much better pedaling strength.

Of course the one other downside is that you can only use them with cycling shoes, unless you get one of the double-sided SPD/platform pedals (I have a pair, and am finding I prefer to be clipped in, but it's nice to have the option for regular platforms on the commuter bike; I use full-time Shimano clipless pedals on the road (Ultegras) and mountain bike (double-sided SPDs) now).