One caution--solo tents are designed for a solo person, not for 1 person plus dog. If your dog goes with you, get a 2-person tent. If this seems unfair, put in the dog's pack an item or two that's equivalent to the difference in tent weight between a 1-person and 2-person tent. In my case, that's 10 ounces.

I've used Henry Shires' Tarptent Squall (2-person) and Rainshadow (3-person) tents and have found them far less subject to condensation than the Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo. The latter is a lovely tent (although not for one person plus an 80-lb. dog), but on a drizzly coastal trip had considerable condensation with just me inside, while the Tarptent Rainshadow with three persons inside had no condensation at all. It's easy to wipe down the walls of the Lunar Solo while in your sleeping bag, but I'd have preferred a larger peak vent instead. The most condensation I've ever had in a tent was in a Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight, which had to be zippered up tight in the slightest drizzle due to its outward-slanting screen door. The condensation on the outer fly would drip through the inner wall, leaving big puddles on the floor and my sleeping bag. It's ventilation, not the number of walls, that's the key to preventing condensation!

Note that Tarptents (www.tarptent.com) are on sale right now!

Edited by OregonMouse (10/30/08 08:37 PM)