Disclosure: Ok, so this may be a dumb question to most, but I am REALLY not technologically inclined so bear with me...

I am wondering if there is software out there that will be compatible with a Garmin 60csx gps unit that will allow me to view topo maps on my computer (to plot routes and trails etc..) and transfer the topo maps to my handheld GPS. Does that make sense? I want to view topo maps both on my computer AND on my GPS. I bought the sd card from Garmin that comes pre-loaded with topo maps for the west coast, but I can not transfer any of the maps to my computer or vice versa. What I really want to be able to do is look at a topo map of a specified area of the US, plot points of intrest (such as trail heads and such) and plot my whole trip/hike on my computer. Then I want to be able to both print the map out AND transfer the topo map to my GPS with the trip data I just plotted on my computer so I can see the actual topo map on my GPS unit.

Ok, that was probably WAY too long of a description of what I wanted to be able to do and it's probably WAY easy, but keep in mind, I can barely turn my own computer on... ;-) Thanks in advance!