Well, I'm not out in the conditions you are, but here's what I like - Powerstretch liners. They aren't the thinnest, but ounce for ounce I find them the warmest. I usethem as my base layer for, along with knit mittens and mitten shells for colder temps, and alone for summer high country mornings. I've tried thinner liners, looking to save that last half ounce, but I mostly find that the thinner ones do not weigh much less. I had some polypro liners that were an ounce instead of an ounce and a half(which is what my powerstretch liners weigh) bu they wer much thinner, not nearly as warm. Dexterity-wise, I find I can do nearly anything I need to with the powerstretch liners on, as they fit fairly snugly. Just don't get any that have any kind of reinforced palm, like leather or fabric, as that will be the part that takes forever to dry, while the powerstretch fabric itself dries pretty quick. I had some from Campmor that I lked, but lost one of them, and now they don't seem to have them anymore. But i just got some newones - Mountain Hardwear, on sale at various places right now - they seem like they'll be just as good. I also got some Outdoor Research PL Base liners (like I say, I'm always looking for a btter liner) which weigh about the same but are thinner if you need even more dexterity or to fit better inside your outer gloves/mitts. Those were also on sale - Sierra Trading Post, I think.