Quote:
babybunny-

Adding a fanny pack to my kit took care of the missing storage of not having patch pockets. With the clearance (slightly oversized ) wind pants, elastic, ribbon, and two buttons, the pants cost me about $10, weigh less than 8 oz, and are comfortable and quick to dry. The fanny pack ended up being more convenient than stuffing pockets, since I can grab it to take with me into my hammock or a store, whatever

Good Luck!

CamperMom

Your fanny pack comments got my attention. I just started this with my day hikes. I need my camera, and a couple other items, at the ready all the time.

My questions:

Do you keep the fanny pack on your front for easy access? Or, as I found today going up a steep trail, that your thighs need more room for motion, and thus, the fanny pack needs swiveling to the L or R, or even, to the fanny?

How do you deal with the waist straps of both the pack and fanny pack? I finally changed out of my shorts with a belt, and slipped into a more summery pair (thankfully it was warm enough today, and I just happened to have this thin pair in the pack!) Sans pants belt, things were much better, but I still had to work out how the pack and fanny pack straps get along together. Which do you think should be under, or over?

It's evolving, like many things, and it was a wonderful hike, even with all this experimentation!

Scott the Borealhiker