Take it from a woman: women's pants won't work for you, unless your hip measurement is a lot bigger than your waist measurement. A waist size of 30-32 inches would be a women's 14 or 16 and have a corresponding hip measurement of 41-42 inches. And I expect that the crotch to waist measurement is a lot bigger in women's sizes. A few women have really slim hips and can wear men's pants, but I don't think any man could wear women's sizes. The waist will be too small and the hips too big.

I suggest that you either learn to sew or find a good tailor, as others have suggested. Shortening the legs at the bottom is easy. Taking off the waistband to shorten the rise and sewing the waistband back on is definitely more difficult. In fact, if you want to do it yourself, it would be easier--and cheaper--to buy fabric and make your pants from scratch. Once you have adjusted the pattern to fit your body (something you need help for!) and struggled through the first pair, sewing future pants will be much easier.

Edited by OregonMouse (10/09/08 12:03 AM)