Last winter, I picked up a pair of Patagonia Cold Track Light tights on sale. They quickly became my favorite wind pants. They were everything I wanted, relatively light, stretchy, wind and water resistant, highly breathable. My only complaint was that I wanted a jacket made out of the same stuff. So I sent an email to them saying as much and got a pretty lame reply pointing me to one of their overweight existing shells.

Well, today I was shopping in a local Patagonia outlet checking out their new stuff. They decided to make it, only now they call it the Traverse jacket and tights. There's also a pullover, which is another thing that was in my email. For the first time in ten years, I paid retail for one of their products. I doubt my email had much to do with them making the jacket, but it's still kind of cool when they make exactly what you're looking for. I don't recommend it for people that like loose fitting stuff, it's a very athletic cut and it is basically spandex. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs, the medium fits me perfectly.

I'm on the road right now, I'll post some more details when I get home. I think it may be time to clear out some of my old jackets...