I'm "kind of" on your page.

My kitchen at home is full of all sorts of tools and ingredients. Why haul the extra weight and track the paraphanelia for elaborte preps on the trail? I've been cooking and cleaning up since I was a child. When I'm outdoors, I want escape. So, my food is pre-cooked preseasoned, and premixed, then portioned into small bags to which I add boiling water and let that sit while I set up camp, get water, or just chill.

When there is a good sale, I stock up on freeze-dried or grocery-store foods, prepare and dehydrate as needed and store in vacuum-sealed jars. Before trips I portion out foods. There are several grocery-store foods that can pack into these bags as-purchased that can be used for meal bases, adding more veggies, proteins, and flavorings as needed. Sometimes I dehydrate leftovers, too.

Right now I have about a month's worth of bagged meals in the bottom of my freezer. I set up for myself and a friend last spring and the summer trip was canned for health reasons. Oh, well...

In camp, all I have to do for clean-up is lick and rinse my spoon and stuff the bag into my trash bag. If I want to sanitize my spoon, I can swish it in the nearly boiling water before the next hot meal.

CamperMom