Ah, Paul Petzoldt Wilderness Equipment, Lander, WY., I remember it well! I had some of his gear 30+ years ago, heavy, bulky and BUILT. I still have a pair of wind pants I bought from them circa 1977 and my vest lasted years of hard use, such as being worn crossing Georgia Strait to my Canadian Coast Guard Lightstation in the winter gales in an open 14 ft. boat.....really neat and you can get right among Killer Whales who just calmly look you over and don't bother you, at all.

I still have a copy of Petzoldt's wilderness how-to book and it is one olf very few that I always considered worthwhile, alolng with the Royal Canadian Airforce manual, "Down but not out", Monte Alford"s "Winter Wise" and the Seattle Mountaineer's books.

I gotta say, the WORST thing was sticking your tongue on the metal drainpipe outside the house, that BONDED and boy, my mother would go apesh*t when the older kids would trick one of us into that! Good memories, I LOVE cold weather, deep snow, big mountains, big timber and big water.