Here's the deal Jester, we get lot's of folks who come through here just wanting to 'cherry pick' information without becomig a part of the community. It's all well and good until someone who's gotten advice of that type goes out and gets injured or worse. This ain't bowling where a bad night's score can be worked out for the rest of the season. The topic of backpacking, especially backpacking in a severe weather climate; is not something that one can take lightly nor proceed down the path with little to no knowledge. What happens when the gear choice does'nt pan out for the weather conditions? If you have the knowledge to self rescue you do so, otherwise death by hypothermia is not pleasent.

Do not miscontrue a poster's adamancy of advice as declaring you a dolt. You asked a question and it was answered by knowledgeable people with REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE not a Walmart clerk. You buy your gear and you take your chances. Do no make the mistake of being thrifty with your dollars in return for your comfort/safety in the outdoors. One does not have to buy the most expensive gear, but it exists because it is the best; work with what you have to buy the best gear you can. Buy a better quality used bag over a lesser quality new bag, etc.

I remember being 20 something and spending my money on gear, and thought it was way more expensive than it should be. Then I started using better gear and found out why it cost more.

Ok, so you are not a troll, but your choice of a 'coleman brand' bag for use in Alaska sets off alarm bells in any experinced outdoorsman's mind. Colamen is a family brand which is great for use in a campground. It's not considered the gear of choice for the majority of backpackers when it comes to sleeping bags or tents, little ditty stuff maybe, but it's not stuff that will last.

If you've not had much camping experience it's ok to say so. What we don't want here is for someone to walk away with half the knowledge they need to enjoy their outdoors experience. Read as much as you can in the Beginner's forum where lots of threads cover the basics. Lots of folks over the year's have gotten miffed at my suggestion they were a troll. If it saves one person's life because they reposted as you did, then it's worth it.