The question is really do you need something different than what you have? The answer is "it depends." I say that because if you are happy with your military gear, there is no particular reason to get something else. Backpacks come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but they all do basically the same thing.

However, having said that, civilian packs may be lighter, more comfortable, and have more features, such as more straps or pockets than yours. I am not sure which pack you have, so how different other packs may be, I really don't know.

If you go to the TLB Gear Portal at the top of the page and look through the sponsors' websites, you can get an idea of what's available at places like REI.

My suggestion is to then go to a store like REI or a specialty backpacking store that carries a wide selection of quality packs that you can see in person. I'd stay away from big box stores and the cheap packs you'll find there. Some may be okay, but most are not and you may as well start by looking at the good ones.

That way you can compare them to what you already have and then determine if you want to get something else.