Thanks Phat for opening this topic up. I'd love to know more about the reader you initially wrote about. Is it coming to market anytime soon?
I've not tried ebook reading, but am intrigued by the idea, just not the price of the Kindle or Sony readers. I'll have to check to see what else is available for a more reasonable price on the site that was noted above, I can definitely see bringing one on a backpacking or paddling trip, assuming the battery would last long enough. Last 8 day paddling trip I went to the trouble of xeroxing a whole book (2 sided) and then burnt the pages as I read them. Unfortunately, didn't get moving on it until well into the trip, so wound up carrying it around more than I had planned. I have an iphone (yeah, I'm a sort of a gadget head as well as a gear head), and I'd give that a shot, but so far, it's battery life would probably be too limited to make it really effective on a multi day wilderness trip. Not sure if screen is big enough to make the reading process comfortable. Would like to hear more from folks on this whole topic. Has anyone come up with what they think is a good and more reasonably price alternative to the Kindle or Sony devices?
Gerry Magnes
Schenectady, NY