Kindle 2.0 is due out in October, and will have at least two models that differ in screen size. I like the idea of the Kindle - I foresee a lot of potential in this product, especially if educational textbooks end up on these devices. Imagine swapping a 20-lb. backpack full of books for one reader that weighs less than a pound! Then imagine if there were books-for-rent available online. Something along the lines of Google Books - except that you could rent by the month or buy.

The two big beefs I have with E-book readers is that they are single-purpose devices and are not pocket-size. I've been reading E-books for over 5 years now - first on my PDA, then on my Windows Mobile phone. It's a natural that I use this device to read books, since I'm almost always going to have it when I'm experiencing a "wasted moment". I can't say the same for a Kindle. I can't see a Kindle (even the new versions) as being something I'll tote with me everywhere. I definitely don't see one in my pack in the near future until it does more than just display printed material.