dk,, thanks,, but they had the new ones at the rei for $30 so before I bought that used I think I would go new.. but thanks,, I did get to see a few at the REi today.. took a while before I got to speak to someone who had any clue tho.. I guess some REI's are better than others.. Looked at a few msr's and snopeak, jetboil, coleman exponent, and a primus.. Well,, one asked about the stand for the canister,, I got a written explanation on how that works,, need to read up later(its late) but the jist is,, all canister stoves loose some power as the canister runs low,, under 35% or so.. by having it upside down, you do not see/feel the loss of power as the canister gets low/empty.. And msr, jetboil, colman all use this,, in fact they said if I get a regular canister stove to think about getting a kit to place the canister remotely upside down and better feet for the stove.. also this would allow the use of a wind screen to help the stove in cold weather.. They touted the colman as good or better than most stoves but said its the weight and $ that holds them back. And if I could afford the ti exponent it is a good one,, but was over 2bills,, uh,, no.. so,, I'm going to check with the local outfitter again to see if he has any of those stoves left.. I found them online for the same $ and some less but would rather deal with the local guy now so hopefully when I really need him he will still be in business..
Thanks guys for all your help
Steve