I'm going to be traveling from Phoenix, AZ to Seattle, WA. I'm straight out of college from Ohio with a degree in supply chain and an internship under my belt. I've got $4,000 in my account and I'll be trying to find a permanent job along the way. I need to live as cheaply as possible.

A little bit of background: I've spent nearly all my life in Ohio. Hated it. No place to camp, backpack, and see the grandeur that is the West. No one to really relate to and to share the same activities. Every vacation I had I would spend doing solo road trips out west. My life's goal has been to relocate out west. I recently graduated from Miami University of Ohio with a Supply Chain and Operations Management degree. Did an internship with Avnet in Phoenix. Did well, got a job offer for the Phoenix area, but I don't like Phoenix because there's no coast, no alpine, no lifestyle that I'm looking for. I love Flagstaff but it's so far away. I will decline the job offer tomorrow. Avnet has branches in CA, OR, and WA. I plan to hit the road this weekend and while I'm traveling, apply to the different branches in Avnet as well as to other companies.

I need to live as cheaply as possible. This means camping on BLM lands for free, but I'm not too sure where to find them. I'm also driving a little Toyota Echo, so the roads can't be too crazy. Any advice for where to stay?

Route:

Phoenix to Seattle

EDIT:

Any must-see sights along the way? I'm a very avid photographer.

Edited by babybunny (08/15/08 10:40 AM)

www.fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com