I use a canister stove for much of my summer hikes and backpack trips and there is usually alot of wind in the canyon where I hike. So I ordered a Brunton Stove Stand ($23.00) from Backcountry Gear for my canister stoves. I got an email from them saying it would be about 21 days before they got a shipment of the stove stands in. So I waited for the stove stand to arrive. When it did arrive I noticed that the Lindhl (sp) valve was about 1/4" above the base of the stand. I tried three of my canister stoves and when I screwed them down on the valve the base of the stove was abouut a 1/4" from the base of the stand. Another words, the base of the stove was only touching the stove stand by the Lindhl valve and there was this 1/4" gap around the outer area of the base of the stove.

I called Backcountry Gear and they told me to send the stove back and I did so. I then received an email from them saying that again, it would take about 21 days for them to get another stove stand. That was over a month ago. But while in a store called Sportsman Warehouse in Medford Oregon today I noticed that they had two of the Brunton stove stands in stock for $14.00 each. When I opened up the package, these stove stands also had the higher lindhl valves. I have already sent Brunton an email (two weeks ago) and got no reply.

The stoves that I have tried on the stove stand is a Snowpeak Giga, MSR Pocket Rocket and a Optimus Crux. Does anyone have any idea what type of stoves these stove stands are made for? I have a Sidewinder stove stand that these stoves work fine on. I guess that I am a little confused. Rich