I went to see the movie "Wild" Saturday night. I realize that not everyone shares my opinion but I did not really care for the book and I did not really care for the movie. If you had not read the book I think that you would have a hard time following the movie. If you go thinking that the movie is about backpacking you will be disappointed. There were some good shots of the scenery but the equipment, even of other hikers in the movie, was not the type of thing that PCT hikers would be carrying. Large dome tents and stuff hanging from packs is not PCT normal.

I was not going to go to the movie because I was not impressed by the book but my wife went to something else so I decided to go the the movie. Not a total waste of time but not life changing either. Maybe it is just me. YMMV

I see that Bryson's "Walk in the Woods" was released at Sundance so that may be coming to a theater near you soon also. I also have very mixed feelings about that one. I generally enjoy Bryson's books but as a backpacker I was a little put off by the humor at the expense of reality.