Hi All its been a long time... Anyway my snowmobile club is interested in some winter survival training and some ideas for the day packs we carry in Oregon. This is almost 2020 and the era of back country communications. Calling for help and being found is number one, especially if a person is injured by avo or other motorized accident. From that point of view its a lot like riding in a car.

But if white out storm conditions prevent you from operating your machines, spending a night out is less life threatening with some gear. While I do have a ridiculous amount of winter expedition gear, what we want is a simple cheap (ten essential) modified for the purpose and the times. So In the interest of being found one of those brilliant flashlights and a signal flare gun will go a long way. Some way to melt water in a cup, a cover like a tarp that can be attached over a snowmobile as a snow wall. some closed foam insulation, dry socks, any spare down liners for the clothes and two bic lighters, maybe a small first aid kit.

I haven't really thought it out too well, I may go out tomorrow and try out the pack in Newberry Monument.
Jim