...after four yrs last weekend.
It was a disaster and I got sick afterwards.
I got sick because I had to hike for an extra nine hours to find another shelter because the first one wasn't there. I staunchly refuse to sleep outside the shelters.
I said I'd rather stay up all night searching for a shelter then sleep outside the shelters and I lived up to that.

I enjoyed the hike more before the hours of shelter searching.
I want to go out again tomorrow, hopefully without the hours of searching for a shelter.

I made myself a list of stuff I want to bring. Maybe I'll post my list here and get some suggestions.
I'm trying to be a light weight hiker in all my gear except for my food because I need to eat well.
Not because I 'm that picky, I seriously require the nutrition or I get sick.
So...yes I'm that "nut" who brings some fresh fruit along.
So I need the other stuff to be light to counterbalance my heavier food.

I'm discouraged that nether of my hiking buddies can or wants to actually go hiking with me. We've discussed it and when I make concrete plans, I end up alone.
I'm not holding it against one of them because she has a lot going on.

The other one now is only interested in staying in some expensive lodge and hiking out from there. This is not what I'm looking for.
I have decided like in the past, I will get out there and hike alone until I find someone to go with me. At least I know I have someone who wants to go when she's able.

I'm planning to go to Stratton pond this time. Hope it goes well this time.