ok...first off i am poor.....second i just took first test hike/camp with gear i have. i plan on more solo trips but gf went with me this last time and it went ok...my pack was heavy but not too crazy. i do need to learn how to lighten load. so my first question is i have a cheap 2 person tent i got at target, it is roughly 2.25 pounds. I cant afford ultralight. but i am planning trips without gf and been thinking of getting a hammock. I am worried about weight and cost. i can invest in ultralight tent poles and steaks to lighten load or get hammock plus tarp that will cost more money. i am interested in grand trunk with net around 75 bucks and tadpole tarp around 90 bucks. but i think i need tree straps that will add to cost and probably weight. i would like some insight.......i am 185 lbs and 6'1".....i will be hiking in mo. some cold weather but probably more spring and and fall. so basically will a hammock lighten my load and be worth the investment or should i just invest in lighter tent poles/steaks. if i should get hammock what brand and or tarp do you think will suit my needs