Hey all! Been looking around the Forums for a few and love what I see. Lots of knowledge and experience and that's awesome! Im not really new to the back country because I have been hunting my whole life. However.. Extended stay backpacking is something I have not done. Getting married here in a couple months and im trying to register on Amazon.com for everything my wife and I will need! I live in NW Oregon and really want to make some 2-5 day trips with my wife this summer. Ive got a pretty good list of gear going but cant figure out what size packs to get us. Im thinking something medium for the wife and a larger one for myself. I dont mind carrying lots of gear. Done it a time or two in the Military. It seems like the suggestion is get your gear then get a pack to fit it. But im not going to know what gear i absolutely need untill i get a few hikes under my belt. I guess this is just an intro. Any suggestions of gear lists on here or anything is more than welcome. Thanks in advance and I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone!