Now I have the Power Pot as well as the Bio Lite
My first BioLite did not work (the power unit part) BioLite sent me another one and that does work.
However I still need to do some tests to know how well it works...
Today I received the Power Pot kit.

I fully charged the LiIon batt (1800 mAh) , via PC USB
It powers up my Garmin 60csx so it obviously can be used as a separate power source having 8 different adaptors.
If I get time tomorrow I will do a test burn to see if the Pot does indeed power up/charge my AA batteries or something like that.
The idea would be to start with a fully charged battery, transfer that power to your USB chargeable device then recharge it.
(some devices are particular about the type of charge they get)
Note that the first 2" of the power cable coming out of the pot are covered with a metal band the rest is also heat protected so in theory it will work on a wood burning stove of limited output.

As you can see it fits nicely on top of the Bio Lite having a bottom about 1" in diameter wider than the BioLite throat.
So the point here is that the two systems are not necessarily competing but may be able to be used with each other.
Both units will NOT work efficiently for most hikers but may work well for muli weeks unsupported expeditions (yes where wood is available...) or simply for campers or hunters that have plenty of time and to whom a pound or two extra weight is not a big deal.
With the Power Pot I do think that it has great potential as winter pot again in particular for the tipi/wood stove brigade.
Franco
BTW for 99.9% the answer is neither

Here is the video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl94FEYbk...mp;feature=plcp

Edited by Franco (08/30/12 06:49 AM)