Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting some lightweight gear for an upcoming cycling trip as well as hiking in the Adirondacks. I'm looking into doing much longer trips this summer and as a result my ultimate priority is that my gear is as lightweight as possible. I'm not an expert in gear by any means and although I've investigated some of the threads on these boards, I find I'm a little overwhelmed with the options. I'm looking at getting a quality tent and sleeping bag right now and I don't mind paying a little more for something that will last me a while. I also anticipate that there will be rainy days ahead so something water resistant and gear that could ideally be used into the fall is important. Ultimately I would like to do a thru-hike of the PCT and although this may be years away, if I found lightweight gear that I could put towards that then that would be a plus too.

SO far I've been looking at a lot of the tarptent designs and western mountaineering sleeping bags. I'm only about 5'8 and weigh 155 lbs so I can fit into a lot of tight gear. If any of you have recommendations, please send em this way!