OK - so let me preface this by saying (er...typing) that I am not even close to qualifying for liteweight, or UL or any other "lite" for that matter. I wanted to post my current gear list with weights along with some intended future purchases to bring my overall pack weight down. I'm not including food/water because those will vary based on the trip, same with clothing for now. Lastly, I am not including gear I wear on my person (sheathed multi-tool, headwear, etc.) - for now, I am just concentrating on the pack and what goes in/on it.

For the record, my first trip out I was over 60 pounds total weight (including clothing, food and water). Don't ask...if you want to know why 60+ pounds, find my previous post on boneheaded ideas: what to bring and what not to bring!

90L Backpack (+ empty 2L bladder) 103 oz
2 man tent (old Coleman square tent) 82 oz
or
solo tent (Koppen Maelstrom) 78 oz
Sleeping Bag 40 oz
Crash Pad 31 oz
Utility Bag* 27 oz
Ground Tarp 19 oz
Jet Boil System 17 oz
Jet Boil Canisters (x2) 14 oz
Survival Mug 9 oz
First Aid Kit 8 oz

That's 21.625 lbs not including food, water and clothing.

*Utility bag includes 10ft rolled duct tape, safety whistle, trowel and TP, 50' para cord, sparking tool and emergency blanket.

I intend to purchase the Osprey Volt 60 which brings the empty pack weight down to 65oz (including empty bladder). I intend to purchase a Big Agnes Double Z crash pad which is 27 oz. Those 2 changes bring my total weight down to 19 pounds.

Any other ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!