Down, Synthetics & "Hydrophobic" Down

Have you had experience using "hydrophobic" down and if so, how did it work for you, compared to your experiences without it ?

Since this forum is the only backpacking or outdoor gear forum that I visit, I don't know the extent to which this subject has been discussed elsewhere, so bear with me, please.

I'm familiar with the theory and process of "hydrophobic" down material but not so much on the subjective experiences of using it.

My Background with Down & Synthetics (disregarding earlier days with woolens):

DOWN: My sleeping bags have exclusively been down-filled, with water-resistent shells. In the 80's, early 90's always custom bags from Feathered Friends (I'd go down to the old factory near the old, original REI to order & pick up). In the later 90's til now, lightweight Western Mountaineering bags. Down bags have worked well for me, always cared for properly both in storage and while in the backcountry. There have been times, however, when I noticed the down starting to sag, where perhaps the "hydrophobic" down would be useful.

One example backcountry trip - in mid-August, a multi-day 70+ mile section of the PCT from Steven's Pass to Snoqualmie Pass - we immediately encountered unseasonable freezing rain & snow which continued relentlessly the entire trek. No time to lay out the bags to dry. I had a WM Ultralite at the time. Anyway, even with utmost care, toward the end of the trip the down was dampened and the next to last night (freezing with snow), I was thankful for my Primaloft parka, which I wore inside the sleeping bag.

SYNTHETIC: I've used lightweight synthetic garments (Primaloft & others) from mainly Patagonia and Marmot which have served me well in conjunction with the down bags. In addition to vests & jackets, I also carry a set of poly under garments, either light, medium or expedition, depending on the conditional requirements of the occasion.

So, I've always been well covered (a pun, I suppose) using down & synthetics together. But now, I am curious about the added benefit of hydrophobic down. Again, in theory, sounds great.

Have you had experience using "hydrophobic" down and if so, how did it work for you, in relation to your experiences without it ?

thanks