Hi Guys,

I have recently been gearing up for some longer 3 to 6 day backpacking trips which meant getting a pack with more capacity than the day pack i used to use for day trips or a light 1 night out. I am looking around 50-60L, and while not "ultralight" I am trying to avoid some of the bulkier packs of old. I usually carry < 20 lbs including pack for 1 night and planning to keep it under 30 lbs max with food. To that end, I purchased the Blaze AC 60 and love almost everything about the pack... the hip belt is great, zero pain in the hips, fits my lower back very well (have had back problems in the past and some packs irritate it, the blaze does not), like the minimalist but functional design and find the 3 lb weight a good middle ground.

The only issue I have with the pack is the load really pulls at my neck and try as I might I can't seem to adjust the pack in any way that avoids this. I think it has to do with the load lifers being pretty much straight across i.e. 90 degrees perpendicular to my spine / gravity as opposed to the oft quoted 45 degrees.

First question would be is there other 'fit' issues that would cause this feeling of pulling downward on the shoulders / neck?

If not, I was hoping some might have recommendations for a similar pack with perhaps a slightly longer frame sheet with higher load lifters.

I tried out a few Deuter Act Lite and REI Flash brand packs but didn't like the fit of either (Deuter had a lot going for it but irritated my lower back with its push out foam blocks). Tried the Osprey Atmos and liked it more than Deuter or REI, though the hip belt is no where near as nice as the Blaze and it certainly has a lot of added weight for bells and whistles I don't really need. I also found I am a little long i the torso for an ospray medium but small for the large. ~19.5" torso.

I see a lot of people liking the ULA packs, but since they aren't available in stores near by I am not sure how they compare in fit to the Granite Gear packs. I was also looking at the Boreas lost coast 60 as an alternative but again haven't seen it in person (there is 1 store that I think carries it but is about a 45 minute drive so I haven't made it yet).

Anyone tried the Blaze and one of these? Any others I am missing? Trying to keep it under $250.

Thanks very much!