I keep talking myself in circles on this and am wondering if I can get some recommendations.

I am a heftier guy (5'10"/265lbs) and am looking for a new sleeping bag or quilt for summer backpacking trips in the high sierra's. It generally stays well above 40° at night, but the possibility of unseasonably cold weather even snow is their. I am a back and side sleeper and tend to toss around a bit at night.

I was eying up a Big Agnes Zirkel and then getting the wedgie expander if I needed more room in the shoulders, but have been reading about how you cannot pull your feet up (in the fetal position) with a BA. Now I'm thinking being attached to my sleeping pad might not be the best idea. Another question would be if I should get a long or regular bag. My height puts me at the top end of the regulars. I know its not a good ideal to have lots of room around your feet, but the tall bags seem to have much more room in the shoulders.

A quilt intrigues me, but I'm not sure it would work well for me if I toss and turn at night. I have Jacksrbetter.com bookmarked but since I've never seen anyone use a quilt, I am having a hard time understanding the in and outs.

Ideally I would like to get something at REI with my dividend but I seem to be finding better stuff at other sites.