Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lite Philosophies & Practices
Jump to new posts Re: On Aging by Glenn Roberts @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

I'm starting to see similar things - and I really appreciate you telling me what to look forward to! Just proves the old adage: no good deed goes unpunished. Hope you're feeling better soon.
The Daily Chuckle
Jump to new posts Psychic surprise by PerryMK @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

Nothing embarrasses psychics more than throwing them a surprise party.
Admin , Policies & Usage T-I-P-S
Jump to new posts Re: What are the red numbers? by lupacexi @ Yesterday at 06:13 AM

Thanks you for sharing
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts QUECHUA Pack MH500 20L Review - Light and Budget by walkingnatur @ 09/19/20 10:04 AM

QUECHUA Trekking Backpack MH500 20L Review - Lightweight and Budget-Friendly Pack with Breathable Spine Watch the full video here: https://youtu.be/4LiNUjeJMIA This is the full review of my favorite women backpack Quechua MH500 20 L that I honestly
Lite Philosophies & Practices
Jump to new posts Re: Second thoughts about freezer-bag meal prep? by Jimshaw @ 09/18/20 01:52 PM

When I said side of beef I meant the whole thing including 2 hooves. Jim
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Why would someone do this? by tramp @ 09/17/20 08:40 PM

A-stupidity B-Lack of respect for both self and others C-The "look at me" attitude of so many today who cannot seem to get enough attention no mater what type
Trip Plans, Reports & Inquiries
Jump to new posts Re: CA National Forest closures 9.9.20 update by 4evrplan @ 09/17/20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By Rick_DWas beginning planning of a season-ender at the end of September, but guess I'll pencil it in for the time being. What will be open? It's time for you West coasters to hike my neck of the woods. TX, AR, and OK hiking season
Backcountry Beginners
Jump to new posts Re: Travelling Buffalo NY to Florida by 4evrplan @ 09/17/20 10:50 AM

Unfortunately in this country, I think you're going to find it very challenging to stealth camp without breaking the law. In any case, stay safe.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Do you carry knives in your kit by Hari Kanda @ 09/17/20 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By 4evrplanBushcraft and survivalism are very different from backpacking, but they all get conflated with each other. My EDC tool is a Leatherman Wave (the old version), but that's too heavy for hiking. When I'm hiking, I carry a Le
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts Klarus HR1 Plus headlamp--first impressions by Rick_D @ 09/16/20 06:41 PM

Love headlamps and have too many. Kidding, one can never have too many, because odds are good at least one will work. The Klarus HR1 series has three levels: regular, Pro and Plus. Plus includes a rechargeable battery pack and has the most light out
Trip Plans, Reports & Inquiries
Jump to new posts Sleeping with the roe deer in the fields of Tuscan by walkingnatur @ 09/16/20 01:30 PM

Sleeping with the roe deer in the fields of Tuscany - Via Francigena from Siena,Italy It was the 11th day of Via Francigena trail when we hiked around 17 kms from the city Siena to the town Buonconvento. Watch the full video here: https://youtu.b
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts Re: a worthy challenger to the msr pocket rocket2 by the-gr8t-waldo @ 09/15/20 02:40 PM

well, almost three years in the rearview mirror. was going to get the BSR, but the big "A" had the rocket2 on sale, so went with the already known...the P.R.2 as my replacement burner
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts Re: The optimal length of a sleeping bag by aimless @ 09/15/20 02:18 PM

Because cold is of minimal concern at 10°C or warmer, I would prefer a sleeping bag large enough to ensure I did not feel unduly constricted. You can easily wear something in the bag to compensate for any chill you might feel at 10°C.
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Fire Season by balzaccom @ 09/15/20 09:48 AM

"September 14, 2020 – Sequoia National Park is implementing a full park closure at 6 am on September 15 in response to the Castle Fire on the SQF Complex. Many park staff have been evacuated from the area and for visitor and resource protectio
Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
QUECHUA Pack MH500 20L Review - Light and Budget
by walkingnatur
09/19/20 10:04 AM
Klarus HR1 Plus headlamp--first impressions
by Rick_D
09/16/20 06:41 PM
The optimal length of a sleeping bag
by marcosII
09/13/20 12:13 PM
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Why would someone do this?
by balzaccom
09/17/20 09:35 AM
Fire Season
by balzaccom
08/17/20 02:59 PM
Do you carry knives in your kit
by JohnyH
01/24/19 07:36 PM
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Breakneck Ridge, New York
May 2012 Eclipse, Lassen Park
New Years Eve 2011
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
adam-kalvin, Hari Kanda, marcosII, embassy123, NoToRobot
12907 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum