Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
BackcountryGear.com
backcountry gear

---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hiking with KIDS
Jump to new posts Re: SO doesn't want me going alone with baby anymore by OregonMouse @ Today at 07:48 PM

Please note that the original post is three years old, so it's a bit late to be offering advice to the OP who, I hope, has been able to resolve these issues!
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts Re: light and durable bottle for backpacking by Sandres @ Today at 05:34 PM

I usually use an aluminum thermos. It is quite light and helps to keep the temperature.
Lite Gear Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Compressing sleeping bag by Sandres @ Today at 05:32 PM

If you need to choose a really good sleeping bag then you need to look for articles with reviews of different sleeping bags from professional tourists. I usually find a lot of useful information, full characteristics and an honest opinion on the Inte
Off Topic: All-in-One
Jump to new posts Re: Beer by Sandres @ Today at 05:24 PM

I don't like beer too much, I prefer gin tonic or whiskey, sometimes light Chilean wines, but I also noticed that the beer has become of a much worse quality. My friend recently first brewed beer by himself. It was very tasty. He was given a birthday
My wife has a pixie hairstyle. She can't leave the house until she puts her hair down. I liked it better when she had long hair. She usually makes a ponytail or two pigtails. It looks cute and much faster without additional tools, a hair dryer and a
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Palisade EST, Does anybody have or use one? by OregonMouse @ Today at 02:47 PM

The rules are not about you, they are about protecting both the bears (which have to be killed if they discover human food) and protecting other hikers from bears that have discovered the delights (?) of hiker food. If you can't relate to these conc
Backcountry Beginners
Jump to new posts Re: Pack swaying by wandering_daisy @ Yesterday at 10:53 AM

You could sway sideways naturally when you walk. A pack will amplify any natural gait. I see a lot of people walking and viewed from the back, they sway. You may have to learn to walk without swaying. Trekking poles may also help you minimize a n
General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The 50 Mile Hike Phenomenon by wandering_daisy @ Yesterday at 10:49 AM

Last week I did a "spring conditioning" 17.5 mile day-hike with 2,000 feet gain in 5 hours and 40 minutes. Went home and walked the dog another 2 miles. Had I been able to keep up that pace for a total of 15 hours (not likely at my age!),
Jump to new posts Re: one nighter video by OregonMouse @ 04/15/19 01:02 AM

Lovely place. I particularly liked the "ghost" clouds!
Lite Food Talk
Jump to new posts Re: Meals that we like to cook on a hike and when camp by OregonMouse @ 04/13/19 08:24 PM

While fresh veggies are available daily for European hikers (one of my favorite things about hiking in Europe), that is not true in North America. These dishes could be adapted for dehydrated or freeze-dried vegetables. They could be cooked at home
Trip Plans, Reports & Inquiries
Jump to new posts Extremely sleepy and gloomy day on Camino del Nort by walkingnatur @ 04/13/19 05:07 AM

On the Day 11 of our Camino de Santiago del Norte we hiked from the town Laredo in Cantabria to the Noja village. This day started in the camping Laredo where we stopped in yesterday and we were very happy about it. They left us to choose the pitch
Backcountry Gadgets
Jump to new posts Re: anybody tried electric water filter? by Glenn Roberts @ 04/12/19 05:34 PM

What bothers me is that it comes with safety goggles...
Buy & Sell Gear Here!
Jump to new posts Re: Lightheart Gear SoLong 6 for sale by snapper @ 04/12/19 10:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess if folks are interested they can PM me through this forum. That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well. snapper
Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Wigwam Gobi liner socks.
by Wasatch
04/03/19 05:11 PM
Top flap backpack with zip?
by snapster
03/30/19 11:38 PM
Backpacking Jacket -- Help me get my head right
by Cal_Hawkeye
03/19/19 04:16 PM
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Palisade EST, Does anybody have or use one?
by Uyen Dong
03:29 AM
The 50 Mile Hike Phenomenon
by lacaca
04/13/19 04:05 AM
Couple Night Routine while Camping and Hiking
by walkingnatur
04/10/19 07:47 AM
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
ideas for a dry bag for a small travel guitar
by MountainMinstrel
03/25/19 04:14 PM
Featured Photos
Breakneck Ridge, New York
May 2012 Eclipse, Lassen Park
New Years Eve 2011
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
2 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sandres, Uyen Dong, Aubiegirl, InWanderland, majr92307
12740 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum