Obviously there are a lot variables as far as experience, and general outdoor savvy to consider.

But as a general broad OPINION ( operative word)....

I am 26, and have been hiking, climbing, kayaking, hunting, camping, biking, hiking etc. in some form or another for as long as I can remember. But have never embarked on a legit "backpacking trip."

All past trips have been day hikes to a spot, camp and return to the car via the same route ... or worse, camping right next to the car. I've always camped with friends and most of my trips have been in the Midwest.

That being said, I'd consider myself to be a fairly savvy outdoors-man regarding risk assessment, weather, shelter, utilization of gear, first aid, and general "camp-ways."

My Question Boils Down To This: I've always wanted to take a trip to Yosemite and do a multi-day backpacking trip. I've decided on a route starting at Toulumne Meadows and ending in the Valley. I've never stepped foot in Yosemite before and my usual "outdoor" buddies either can't free up their schedules or can't come up with the cash, so I've decided to go it alone. I'll be out there in late July and will be out for at least 3 days/2 nights, but would like to stretch it to a full 4 days. I've already begun conditioning myself with weekend day hikes on various terrain.

So... am I crazy?
If so, why? What may I have not considered?

I encourage blunt honesty.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive.