If you use them to wade across streams, flip-flops are easily lost. A pair of cheap Teva-like sandals might be better.

I wouldn't think nail clippers would be good for removing ticks. The little tweezers on a small Swiss Army Knife might be better.

Sleeping bag and clothes should have some extra rain protection, unless you know you can count on good weather. You could use a plastic bag, like a trash compactor bag or big garbage bag as a pack liner. I'm sure one of Dixie's videos talks about doing that.

Sleeping pad is a tradeoff. Closed-cell foam pads are light but bulky, can't puncture, handy for rest breaks, and less comfortable. Inflatable pads are more comfortable, can be punctured, have to be inflated every night, and are expensive.

I've had good luck with the "self-inflating" pads, like the Thermarest Prolite series, which is open-cell foam in an airtight cover. For closed-cell pads, I'd suggest the Thermarest Ridgerest or Nemo Switchback.

Another option, seldom mentioned, is piece of 2" open-cell foam, preferably the egg-crate-looking type, with a homemade nylon cover. About the same bulk as a closed-cell pad, but more comfortable.