Well the Helinox cot lite comes in at around 2lbs 9oz. So that runs off most backpackers because of the weight. I like my cot because I its comfortable and I don't have to worry about puncturing it like a inflatable sleeping pad. The cot I use easily slides into a tent, I would be lying if I said I haven't thought about a inflatable sleeping pad but I get a really good nights sleep on my cot well that is if its not to cold out LOL hence the under quilt I'm looking to have made. I can say I stayed nice and warm on my last backpacking trip to colorado. It got down around 40 degrees one night and I was in a 40 degree sleeping bag and stayed plenty warm. I have switched over to a EE 30 degree down quilt which is why I kind of need the under quilt now dropping my Kelty 40 synthetic sleeping bag. I can't say a cot is more comfortable than a sleeping pad because I have not slept on a really nice sleeping pad. If you get a chance to try a backpacking cot I would say go for it to see if you like it more. If I ever get a chance to try out like a therm-a-rest neoair or something like it I will try it out. I'm just not willing to spend the money on it just to see if I like it more than my cot.