Thanks guys. I wanted to put in as much info on my first post so i wouldn't need to keep coming back. It seems I've just made it more confusing for anyone trying to help.

Regarding the question about why I'm returning my other jacket, I generally have issues with the fit, I tried a lot of jackets that seemed to fit right but were tight around the shoulders. The pair I need to return seem fine around the shoulders but run short height-wise which means all my shirts stick out about an inch and a half beyond it.
I like the feel of this jacket compared to the TNF or third brand I was looking at, it's thinner, like a windbreaker and the body has a mesh lining which i like and the hood is removable.

I didn't think I would get any more research done today but I was able to read up and familiarize myself a bit on the materials. I've been skimming through various forums the past 40 minutes on differences between various materials like goretex vs Hyvent/Dryvent and all that other stuff. Also trying to understand laminates vs coatings. It's all quite confusing but at least I have a better idea of what I'm getting.

Basically my question now is to those with experience, some of the waterproof jackets have this rubbery inner layer, whatever it's called, how does it compare with regular plalsticy feeling materials or inner layers?
I was at a Columbia store the other day and their staff told me that those jackets were actually really breatheable but I tend not to believe them

I live in HK, it's hot and humid in the summer. 90% humidity most of the time 32c in the summer, 40-43c in direct sun, maybe 26-29c when it rains. I'm hoping to avoid hot, sweaty skin from sticking to the jacket. Some of the materials I tried made the jackets feel more like diving suites so I'm not sure if they are intended for this climate.

Also, are pitzips really necessary?