Originally Posted By bobito9
My worst carcamping experiences are always within a close drive of an urban area. On the other hand, even backpacking can have unfortunate results: once, across the lake from my secluded little lakeside campsite, back in "the wilderness", I was serenaded by some dude playing Black Sabbath on his boombox. Now mind you, I do like a little Sabbath now and again, but...

I like a huge range of music, including a little bit of metal. But, when I'm camping, I'm usually not in the mood for music, and I'm sure not going to subject someone else to it. That's just inconsiderate.

I like being around people sometimes. I'm actually not that sociable, but having others around is comforting I guess, plus my ten year old absolutely has a blast playing with the other kids. I definitely don't go in for the loud obnoxious smoking and drinking types though (usually always sunburned and tattooed too for some reason - not that I take issue with that, it just seems to go hand in hand). I don't want to hear you cussing out your kids, and I can smell your hot skunky beer from 30 yards. Unfortunately, some of the best car camping spots seem to attract this type, especially near water. confused