Hi Anders,

You'll find that "one-size-fits-all" is difficult with regards to tent selection. Going from the basis of worst-case scenario, the strongest tents are tunnel-style with hoop poles. The challenge, as you've identified, is ventilation on warm, still nights, so being able to roll back or even remove the fly is a good feature.

If I were you I'd look at Hilleberg. I don't have a specific model recommendation but think they might be the best suited lineup to handle the varied conditions you anticipate. Terre Nova and Macpac are two other proven brands.

The Arete you're considering might be fine, depending on how much wind and snow you might encounter. Have you looked at the Big Agnes Copper Spur? It's a similar design with two doors, and might be more flexible.

There are truly hundreds of models to choose among and for me, the decision goes back to "worst-case" then deciding whether the weight, flexibility and complexity warrant consideration. This is how I ended up with several, rather than one do-everything tent.

Good luck!