I think perhaps you could ditch two of the tank tops. You may want to pack an insulated jacket in addition to the soft shell. At 9-14k feet is going to be cold and windy. Maybe you could shed an extra t-shirt. A lot of these wicking clothes don't really absorb a lot of scent. People won't realize you have been wearing 'em for days! grin Least I cannot smell scent on my shirts like I can on regular fabrics. You may want to pack a hat too. Here a way you can calculate temperature: for every 1,000 feet of elevation gain, there is a 3.5 degrees Fahrenheit decrease in temperature. If you're going down the mountain it will increase, obviously. So, long as you know your elevation and its temperature, you can get good idea what the temperature will be as you go up or down. You can buy a tiny temperature gauge to clip onto your pack.

Edit: I forgot, perhaps a base layer for both leg and torso as well for 9-14k feet. I can imagine it still be very cold up there, especially at night or cloudy days with no sun.

Edited by ETSU Pride (01/28/13 10:16 AM)