I rarely do a weekend trip, so here are my last summer's trips. On each I had to take a bear cannister -- 2 pounds. I only carry 1/2 liter water. I drink out of streams if need be. I tend to be a low water consumption person (or camel as my kids say). So the water I carry is only 1 pounds 4 oz. The only thing deleted are hiking clothes/shoes I wear and trekking poles. I plan using a spreadsheet, but then step on the scales at home to verify the weight. The weight given below is starting weight on my back. I do not carry stuff in my pockets. I hate the feel of it jingling around.

Two Yosemite low elev trips. 4-day June trip= 21 pounds and Oct trip=24 pounds (took fishing gear on this one and extra clothing).

5-Day Desloation Wilderness, mod high elev, June, 26.7 pounds

7-day High Sierra trip, July, Brewer Basin- 28.2 pounds

8-day Southern Yosemite, mod high elev, late Sept, 31 pounds

9-day Kings Canyon NP, high altitude, August, got snowed on, 33 pounds

On two 9-day trips with my husband I carried close to 40 pounds, just because I carry all the group gear and 3/4 the food. He has a heart conditions, so if we want to do any sort of miles, I have to carry more.

I carry a little more weight per day when I go into the Rockies to accomodate the generally worse weather.