Originally Posted By phat
Actually, I rather *enjoy* setting up camp at the end of the day when I've been doused all day.

You really are a northerner, playing around in the snow and wet and loving it. I have done that, and enjoyed it, but it's never been "as good as it gets" for me. I love to swim, but I don't like wet cloths at all, and "cold wet" is the worst, I really don't like that.

I do agree though, getting into dry clothes is about as luxurious as anything I can imagine after a day of being wet and cold. A fire would top it off, but I'd take the dry clothes first. It's not that easy to dry clothes out with a fire when it's cold and damp or misting. I've roasted a few socks trying blush

You know.... If you made a "Baker's Oven" with one of those emergency blankets you might have a pretty good clothes dryer. You could rig it to use solar and it might dry out clothes a lot faster than just the sun by itself. I know it would with a fire, but I think it would using solar too. It'd be worth trying if you carry one anyway and need to dry stuff out.

"You want to go where?"