I've used the PR as my main summer/fall stove for six years or so now. I can get by with the small MSR canister just boiling 1.5 cups of water for eight days. I have also used it successfully down into the mid single digits, with little fiddle factor. For its price and weight, you can't expect a rock solid stove. Look at some of the tin Coleman stoves if you want to see cheap. I don't know why people insist the stove has to fit in the pot. That space can be filled with socks, food or gear. I have only used a Esbit stove a few times for a week long trip. Messy pot bottoms, susceptible to loss of heat in any breeze, have to take steps to shield the thing very good. Smell of the tablets in the pack, even when double bagged. I bought a Caldera Cone 12-10 alky stove last July for my vacation. Really happy with its performance and low fuel consumption. I don't like its packability, requires the supplied plastic canister or careful packing to avoid crushing. Not sure I can safely unroll it and lay it out opened up inside my pack as a way to save having to carry the storage canister. I also have concerns about gear getting cut by the sharp edges of the windscreen.
Duane