I've seen exposition Canadian Stroke where the person sat on one gunwale so that it had maybe a inch of freeboard and was radically tilted. This creates a very tiny and short footprint on the water and allows the boat to do things like a 360 degree turn without pulling your paddle out of the water. Its hard and you can get wet practicing, but its pretty much just for show like most skulling.

I figured when I could paddle a solo canoe fast, straight and with an aggressive rythmic stroke for a mile or so, then I could claim to have mastery over it. After mastering the solo canoe and C stroke I began using only a perfectly straight stroke, but I rotate the blade in my hands, as the paddle moves through the water, to simulate the thrust dynamics of a "J" or "C" or anyother stroke... A symetrical wood paddle with about half an inch of thickness has the correct "lift" for flying through water, thin plastic blades have no Lift.
Jim