Is this the west side of the range (which has been below normal) catching up with the east side? It looks as though the upper Green River Basin is now up to normal. It does appear that the east side also got more, though. Please keep us posted, w_d! After 50 years away from the state I've long since lost contact with anyone in Wyoming, and the Snotel data is both lower altitude and rather sketchy.

I'm glad I'm not going until August! My timeline is flexible so I could even wait until mid-August, although I'd rather not.

Another hazard of these many late-season snowstorms, at least here in the Northwest--the Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center (which normally closes for the season April 1) has issued extreme avalanche warnings above 7,000 feet (that's mostly on the volcanoes) for last weekend and at least this week. There are many layers of unconsolidated snow just dying to slide. This link shows an awesome avalanche on North Sister in the central Oregon Cascades a week ago.

Some day, summer will come--maybe....

Edited by OregonMouse (06/14/10 04:17 PM)