Bill do you leave old coins or modern coins? Or maybe a shiny new coin? I'm thinking of old axe heads, steel and stone, old glass bottles etc, more interesting than litter. Its shotgun shells that upset me. But my wife and I have a joke about them and pretend that they're rare finds, especially the super valuable red ones. VERY few hunters or shooters pick up their brass and anybody macho enough to own a shotgun NEVER picks up the cartridges cause you can't even reload them. The same people wouldn't dream of leaving a tire of a sofa, but through their garbage into the fire pit and leave broken glass, generally 50 feet away and near the rock it sat on when they shoot at it.
Some places the law requires leaving the entrails in the water. And I guess I sort of enjoy bagging flies and poppers from my canoe. Walk down a deserted beach and the most interesting thing I found was a red piece of plastic labelled "remove before placing in launcher".
Jim