Originally Posted By medicjimr

I am thinking of replacing the pot but I do pasta allot it's pre cooked and dehydrated but still needs to boil awhile and it expands as you well know so Like the extra room the pot I have provides plus fuel windscreen stove etc fits all inside the pot. The tent I have looked at the others mentioned and would only save 1 lb so can't see spending 3 bills on a new tent for a lb. And I may get a lighter filter gravity fed I hate iodine as much as bugs lol. Thanks for advice. I think I am going with the Catalyst after watching a video on youtube with it in use

When you are deciding on new equipment, it is not just the weight that you should focus on; you also need to look at the size of the item because this also factors into how big a pack you need.

Looking at the specs of your Kelty GM II, it weighs 4lbs 2oz and packs down to 20x7. My TT Contrail weighs about 1lbs 5oz and packs down 14x4. That is not only a big saving in weight, but also a gain of 9 additional inches in my pack.

The same applies to your pot. You could have the lightest equipment in the world, but if it is also big and bulky, then you are will still need a bigger pack.