I'm a bit of a bag freak. I carry a homemade silnylon stuff sack for my sleeping bag or quilt, another for clothes. I also have a silnylon stow sack for my tarptent, stakes and lines and one for my Thermarest. The Thermarest rides under the compression straps of my pack so I want to protect it a bit.

I also have a number of small stow bags that I use to organize smaller items; I do this to save having to sort through a single, larger, crowded, ditty bag to find my Photon flash or my packet of Ibuprofen. I have one for emergency/repair, one for small cooking items, one for TP and accessories, one for my toothbrush and such and one for my bug dope and sunscreen.

I also have a bag I call my day bag. In it resides the things I might need during the day including Micropur, Tums and compass.

The organizing bags are all different colors of silnylon and ripstop. I made them up from remnants left from other projects. They are much more durable than Ziploc bags and lighter as well. Altogether they weigh about an ounce; I am willing to carry this burden to reduce the frustration of looking for one small item at the bottom of a crowded single bag. The collective weight of all my bags is a bit over 4 oz.