I own an XGK, and use it only for heavy spike camps making lots of hot water from melted snow and ice using kerosene. it's the only time I use the stove. it's very reliable, but it's kinda heavy and
not what I want to take backpacking, since "muti fuel" is of little use to me when backpacking. If I'm taking a big stove like that in the winter white gas is much easier to deal with.

I have a small canister stove that I do use backpacking for multi-person trips in non-winter weather. it's a snow peak, very similar to an MSR pocket rocket. Either of those small canister
stoves is ok and reasonably light. The only thing I've ever had be a problem is the canister itself.
Were I going with two people I wouldn't take two stoves, but rather, an extra canister. You might
try an MSR pocket rocket before those other two - just to try it. they're cheap anyway, and
reliable.

Most of the time I don't carry either of them. I carry an alcohol stove made from a beer can, which if you search back for more than a week on this site, you'll find plenty of discussions about
them because many of us use them.
Browse my pictures